Crisp capsicum and asparagus add a satisfying crunch to this salad, while the tangy dressing and pine nuts give it extra flavour.
The ingredient of Chargrilled red capsicum, asparagus and baby spinach salad
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 80g baby spinach
- 150g chargrilled red capsicum, sliced (see note)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
The instruction how to make Chargrilled red capsicum, asparagus and baby spinach salad
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pine nuts and cook, tossing, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until toasted. Set aside.
- Cut asparagus in half. Spray pan with oil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook asparagus for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Place asparagus, spinach and capsicum into a large bowl.
- Make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine. Pour over salad. Add pine nuts. Toss gently to combine. Arrange on plates. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Chargrilled red capsicum, asparagus and baby spinach saladfatContent: 23.9 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 1 milligrams cholesterol