Add extra flavour to fish with these lightly spiced kebabs that are ideal for lunch or a light dinner.
The ingredient of Salmon & swordfish kebabs with haloumi asparagus salad
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 3 (about 200g each, 2cm thick) boneless skinless salmon steaks
- 3 (about 180g each, 2cm thick) swordfish steaks, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed, diagonally cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g haloumi, drained, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 x 80g pkt baby rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons drained chopped capers
- Freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Salmon & swordfish kebabs with haloumi asparagus salad
- Combine the fennel and celery seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Place in a mortar and pestle, and gently pound until finely crushed. Season with salt.
- Preheat barbecue or chargrill on high. Cut salmon and swordfish into 2.5cm cubes. Thread alternately onto skewers.
- To make the salad, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Transfer to a bowl. Return pan to medium heat and add haloumi. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 1 minute or until brown. Add to asparagus along with rocket and gently toss. Set aside. Whisk together remaining oil, lemon juice, mustard and garlic in a small bowl.
- Brush kebabs with oil and sprinkle with spices. Cook on grill for 4 minutes each side or until almost cooked through.
- Drizzle dressing over haloumi salad. Sprinkle with capers. Taste and season with pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Place salad on plates. Top with kebabs. Serve sprinkled with parsley and rind.
Nutritions of Salmon & swordfish kebabs with haloumi asparagus saladfatContent: 883.105 calories
saturatedFatContent: 59 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 83 grams protein
sodiumContent: 212 milligrams cholesterol