Create a delicious vegetarian salad with this wholesome combination of lentils, pumpkin and asparagus.
The ingredient of Roasted pumpkin, asparagus, lentil & feta salad
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 red onions, halved, cut into wedges
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved crossways
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 x 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 50g low-fat feta, crumbled
The instruction how to make Roasted pumpkin, asparagus, lentil & feta salad
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pumpkin and onion on the lined tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Drizzle over half the vinegar. Season with pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the asparagus in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the lentils and water, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until the lentils are heated through. Add asparagus and remaining vinegar. Toss to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add the pumpkin and onion to the asparagus mixture and gently toss to combine. Divide among serving dishes. Top with the feta to serve.
Nutritions of Roasted pumpkin, asparagus, lentil & feta saladfatContent: 250.95 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein