Jill Dupleix combines wild and brown rice in this salad thats jumping with flavour.
The ingredient of Wild rice salad with asparagus and baby corn
- 2/3 cup (120g) wild rice
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown rice
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 punnet baby corn, halved
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
The instruction how to make Wild rice salad with asparagus and baby corn
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer over medium heat. Add rices and cook for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain, then rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Cook asparagus and corn in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes until tender, then drain and refresh. Slice asparagus, then add to rice with corn, onion, radish, spinach and nuts.
- For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together, then pour over the salad and toss to combine. Divide among 4 bowls and top with mint and pomegranate seeds to serve.
Nutritions of Wild rice salad with asparagus and baby cornfatContent: 327.908 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7.7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein