For a Chinese-inspired side, try this stir-fried asparagus served with a sticky soy sauce and fresh chilli.
The ingredient of Stir-fried asparagus with sticky Chinese sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed, cut into 6cm lengths
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
The instruction how to make Stir-fried asparagus with sticky Chinese sauce
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1/2 the oil. Swirl to coat (see note). Stir-fry choy sum for 2 minutes or until tender and just wilted. Transfer to a plate. Add asparagus to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a separate plate. Cover vegetables with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and 2 tablespoons water to wok. Bring to the boil. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened slightly.
- Arrange choy sum on a large serving plate. Top with asparagus. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with chilli and sesame seeds. Serve.
Nutritions of Stir-fried asparagus with sticky Chinese saucefatContent: 106.594 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4.6 grams protein