Fresh peas are ideal for a quick and delicious side dish, but are just as comfortable playing star ingredient.
The ingredient of Light pea and asparagus soup with parmesan pastries
- 40g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 2 cups (300g) frozen peas
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
- Chervil leaves, to serve
- 1 sheet (25cm) ready-rolled frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Light pea and asparagus soup with parmesan pastries
- To make the parmesan pastries, preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Lay the pastry sheet on a clean surface. Lightly brush with egg and sprinkle evenly with parmesan. Use a small, sharp knife to cut into 3cm-thick strips. Twist into spirals and place on the lined tray. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Add the peas, asparagus and stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until asparagus is tender and mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer pea mixture to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup evenly among serving bowls. Drizzle with a little cream and sprinkle with chervil leaves. Serve immediately with parmesan pastries.
Nutritions of Light pea and asparagus soup with parmesan pastriesfatContent: