Soft-boiled eggs become adult fare in this version which is delicately spiced with Sichuan salt and fresh asparagus.
The ingredient of Soft-boiled eggs with Sichuan salt and asparagus soldiers
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Sichuan pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
The instruction how to make Soft-boiled eggs with Sichuan salt and asparagus soldiers
- Combine the salt, Sichuan pepper, five-spice and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the ends of each asparagus spear. Cook in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain well.
- For the boiled eggs, place the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 minute 30 seconds for soft-boiled (just-set white and runny yolk) or cooked to your liking. Remove with a slotted spoon and serve immediately with Sichuan salt and asparagus spears.
Nutritions of Soft-boiled eggs with Sichuan salt and asparagus soldiersfatContent: 87.235 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 1 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 188 milligrams cholesterol