Ready in 30 minutes, this vegetarian pasta bowl is packed with good-for-you ingredients like chickpeas, asparagus and homemade avocado pesto.
The ingredient of Power chickpea pasta bowl recipe
- 250g pkt Barilla Chickpea Casarecce
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, patted dry
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 120g baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 25g (1 u20442 cup) mixed sprouts
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 small lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 20g (1 u20444 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Power chickpea pasta bowl recipe
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Transfer to a large bowl. Place asparagus in heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water. Set aside for 2-3 minutes to blanch. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, to make pesto, place avocado, basil, rind, parmesan and garlic in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Combine 2 tbs juice, oil and 1 tbs water in a jug. With motor running, add mixture in a slow steady stream until smooth. Season.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas. Season. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Transfer to a bowl. Add spinach to pan. Stir for 1 minute or until wilted. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan. Cook for 3 minutes for soft yolks
- Stir spinach and 2 tbs pesto through pasta. Divide among serving bowls. Top with chickpeas, asparagus, eggs, sprouts and remaining pesto.
Nutritions of Power chickpea pasta bowl recipefatContent: 556.87 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.6 grams saturated fat
cholesterolContent: 23.8 grams protein