For a lighter way to eat steak, team lean meat with a roast tomato and asparagus salad, and toss with a tangy horseradish dressing.
The ingredient of Warm steak salad with horseradish dressing
- 6 roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 3 beef sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- 100g baby spinach leaves
The instruction how to make Warm steak salad with horseradish dressing
- Preheat oven to 210u00b0C. Place the tomato and onion on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then plunge into iced water. Drain and set aside.
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steak, in batches if necessary, for 3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove, cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine the buttermilk, horseradish sauce, chives and 1/4 cup water.
- To serve, place spinach leaves on serving plates. Cut steak into thick slices and arrange over the spinach leaves with the tomatoes, onion and asparagus. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Warm steak salad with horseradish dressingfatContent: 273.655 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein