Save time and feel better with this healthy chicken and quinoa salad just made for busy nights.
The ingredient of Dukkah chicken and quinoa salad
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed (see note)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 (250g each) Steggles chicken breast fillets, trimmed, halved horizontally
- 2 tablespoons pistachio dukkah (see note)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh mint leaves
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Dukkah chicken and quinoa salad
- Place quinoa and 2 cups cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until water has absorbed and quinoa is tender. Rinse. Drain.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook carrot, stirring, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place chicken on a plate. Sprinkle both sides with dukkah. Cook chicken in pan over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Combine quinoa, orange juice, parsley, mint, onion, oil and carrot in a bowl. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Serve chicken with quinoa salad.
Nutritions of Dukkah chicken and quinoa saladfatContent: 385.985 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 35.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 81 milligrams cholesterol