Try Katie Quinn Davies take on Spanish gazpacho - its fresh, light and sunshiny.
The ingredient of Chilled tomato and herb soup
- 8 vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/2 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 180g sourdough bread, crusts removed, torn
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 tbs oregano leaves, plus extra to serve
- 6 thin slices (60g) jamon or prosciutto
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 2 tbs milk
The instruction how to make Chilled tomato and herb soup
- Preheat the oven to 140C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place tomato, cut-side up, on the tray, sprinkle over the garlic, then season and drizzle with oil. Scatter over half the basil, then roast for 2 hours or until the tomato starts to collapse. Cool for 10 minutes, then discard basil.
- Place bread in a bowl with vinegar and 2 tbs water, and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed, then transfer to a blender with the onion, capsicum, chilli, oregano, cooled tomato and remaining basil leaves, and whiz until smooth. Add 11/2 cups (325ml) cold water and whiz to combine. Season, transfer to a jug and chill completely.
- Meanwhile, increase oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place ham on the tray, then roast for 10-12 minutes until crisp.
- Combine the sour cream and milk. Ladle chilled tomato soup into bowls, drizzle with sour cream mixture and extra oil, then top each with a crisp slice of ham and extra oregano.
Nutritions of Chilled tomato and herb soupfatContent: 281.781 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29.6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9.5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 15 milligrams cholesterol