Curtis Stones delicious pumpkin soup with chorizo and cannellini beans is a great way to stay warm in the cooler months.
The ingredient of Pumpkin soup with chorizo and cannellini beans recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chorizo (120g), from the deli, casing removed, finely diced
- 2 small brown onions, coarsely diced
- 900g Kent pumpkin, skin removed, seeded, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, coarsely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Hoyts Dried Bay Leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon Coles Brand Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Coles Brand Ground Cumin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coles Brand Red Wine Vinegar
- 400g can Coles Brand Cannellini Beans, drained, rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup Coles Brand Thickened Cream
- 2 tablespoons (40g) Freshlife pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 160g of Coles Bakery Stone Baked Light Rye Sourdough Vienna, sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Pumpkin soup with chorizo and cannellini beans recipe
- Heat a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins, or until crisp on the outside. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onions then pumpkin and carrot to the same pan and cook, stirring often, for 5 mins, or until the onions and pumpkin begin to soften. Add the garlic, bay leaf, smoked paprika and cumin and cook, stirring, for 5 mins, or until the pumpkin begins to caramelise.
- Add the vinegar and 1/4 cup of the beans. Cover with the water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 20-25 mins, or until the pumpkin is tender. Add the cream and bring back to a simmer. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Discard the bay leaf.
- Working in batches, blend the soup in a blender until smooth. Pour batches back into the saucepan to reheat. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Ladle the soup into four bowls. Top with the remaining beans, cooked chorizo, and the pepitas. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil, and serve with the bread.
Nutritions of Pumpkin soup with chorizo and cannellini beans recipefatContent: 586.984 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 63.7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10.7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 24.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 37 milligrams cholesterol