Weve taken family classic beef massaman curry and turned it into a heartwarming soup.
The ingredient of Beef massaman soup recipe
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 500g gravy beef, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup massaman curry paste
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 large desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Unsalted roasted peanuts, to serve
- Fried shallots, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef massaman soup recipe
- Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in 2 batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Return beef to pan. Stir to coat. Add stock, bay leaves and cinnamon. Cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour 30 minutes. Add potato and sweet potato. Cook, covered, for 30 minutes or until beef and potato are tender.
- Discard bay leaves and cinnamon. Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with peanuts, fried shallots and coriander leaves, and drizzle with extra coconut milk to serve.
Nutritions of Beef massaman soup recipefatContent: 576.468 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 34.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 75 milligrams cholesterol