Slow cooker vegetable soup is giving a Moroccan twist, with this easy recipe. Its also healthier, packed with three serves of vegies, and, at $2.20 a serve, is budget-friendly, too.
The ingredient of Slow cooker vegetable harira soup recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 litres salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup dried green lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broad beans, thawed, peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Plain reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow cooker vegetable harira soup recipe
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook garlic, onion, carrot and celery, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until softened. Add spices. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker. Stir in tomato, stock, lentils and 3 cups water. Cook, covered, on LOW for 6 hours, adding rice halfway during cooking.
- Stir chickpeas and beans into soup. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle among bowls. Top with coriander and yoghurt. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Slow cooker vegetable harira soup recipefatContent: 256.925 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 12.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 3 milligrams cholesterol