For a healthier afternoon tea treat, you cant look past these choc-chip cookie bars. Costing only $0.66 per serve, theyre also budget-friendly.
The ingredient of Date and choc-chip cookie bars recipe
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup traditional rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 10 fresh medjool dates, pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
The instruction how to make Date and choc-chip cookie bars recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above long sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars and vanilla in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined. Stir in flours, oats and milk. Stir in dates and 1/3 cup chocolate chips until just combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 25 minutes or until firm to touch and golden brown. Cool completely in pan. Cut into bars. Serve.
Nutritions of Date and choc-chip cookie bars recipefatContent: 244.736 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 36.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 40 milligrams cholesterol