These glossy, sweet spiced apples infused with rosewater are perfect with a little crème fraîche as a dinner party dessert.
The ingredient of Spiced rosewater apples
- 900g (4 cups) white sugar
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) water
- 8 (about 1kg) small Pink Lady apples, peeled
- 8 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 tablespoons rosewater
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Finely chopped pistachios (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced rosewater apples
- Combine sugar and water in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add apples and cardamom pods to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 35-40 minutes or until apples are almost translucent. Add the rosewater. Set aside to cool.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a serving bowl or plate. Simmer the reserved syrup in the pan over medium heat for 10u00a0minutes or until thick but not coloured. Stir in the lime juice.
- Drizzle the hot syrup over the apples. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios before serving. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks covered with syrup.
Nutritions of Spiced rosewater applesfatContent: