Step up your fritter game with this new pasta-haloumi spin. Ready in 30 minutes, everyone in the family will love them! Plus, theyre only $3.40 a serve!
The ingredient of Macaroni and haloumi fritters with Greek salad recipe
- 3/4 cup dried macaroni
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 225g packet haloumi, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 250g baby cucumbers, sliced diagonally
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, thickly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus wedges, to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
The instruction how to make Macaroni and haloumi fritters with Greek salad recipe
- Cook macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool for 30 minutes. Add egg, flour and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add haloumi and chives. Stir to combine.
- Pour enough vegetable oil in a large frying pan to come 5mm up side of pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup macaroni mixture to pan. Repeat 3 more times to make 4 fritters. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to paper towel to drain. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 12 fritters.
- Place baby cucumber, tomato, olives, onion and mint leaves in a bowl. Whisk lemon juice, olive oil and oregano together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad. Toss to combine. Divide fritters and salad among serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Macaroni and haloumi fritters with Greek salad recipefatContent: 563.562 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 24.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 210 milligrams cholesterol