For a quick snack, try making these easy mini eggplant parmigiana, topped with mozzarella and pine nuts.
The ingredient of Individual eggplant parmigiana
- 2 large eggplants, trimmed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
The instruction how to make Individual eggplant parmigiana
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole (1/3-cup-capacity) muffin pan.
- Cut each eggplant lengthways into 6 thin slices. Spray both sides of slices with oil. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Cut each eggplant slice in half crossways. Using 2 eggplant pieces at a time, and in a crisscross pattern, line prepared pan holes.
- Place ricotta, egg, basil, oregano and parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture among eggplant cups, leveling with the back of a spoon. Top with pasta sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and pine nuts. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Using a butter knife, carefully lift cups from pan. Serve sprinkled with extra basil.
Nutritions of Individual eggplant parmigianafatContent: 169.212 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 8.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 49 milligrams cholesterol