“Extra crispy with a fluffy interior, these make a tasty snack – I can’t resist dipping them into a tangy, creamy aïoli.” - Curtis Stone
The ingredient of Chips with malt vinegar aioli
- 1kg brushed potatoes, peeled, cut into 12mm-thick chips
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or parsley
The instruction how to make Chips with malt vinegar aioli
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil over high heat. Line a baking tray with 3 layers of paper towel. Rinse potatoes under cold water and drain.
- Add potatoes to the boiling water. When water returns to the boil, gently boil the potatoes for 5 mins or until completely tender but not breaking apart (a small knife will slip through them). Using a large slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to prepared baking tray, gently pressing potatoes into the paper towel to ensure they dry completely. Cool potatoes completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, Dijon and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate the au00efoli.
- Pour enough oil into a large heavy pot to reach a depth of 5cm and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-frying thermometer reaches 190u00b0C or a chip sizzles vigorously when dropped into the oil.
- Working in 2 batches, fry the potatoes for 5 mins or until deep golden and crisp. Carefully transfer chips to a wire rack over a baking tray to drain excess oil. While chips are hot, season with salt.
- Grind black pepper over the chips, sprinkle with tarragon or parsley and serve with the au00efoli.
Nutritions of Chips with malt vinegar aiolifatContent: 655.577 calories
saturatedFatContent: 48 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein