Heres an interesting bacon and egg breakfast idea to start the day off on the right foot.
The ingredient of Corn, egg and bacon tarts
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 4 free-range eggs
- 60g mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Corn, egg and bacon tarts
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spray four 3/4 -cup capacity Texas muffin holes with oil. Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add green onions and bacon. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until bacon is light golden. Remove from heat. Stir in corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on workbench. Spray with oil. Fold in half crossways. Spray top with oil and cut in half crossways. Use pastry squares to line base and sides of 1 muffin hole, allowing a 2cm overhang. Repeat with remaining pastry and oil.
- Divide corn mixture between tart cases. Break 1 egg into each tart case (keep yolk intact). Bake for 20 minutes or until egg is just set. Season with pepper. Serve with salad leaves.
Nutritions of Corn, egg and bacon tartsfatContent: 345.116 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein
sodiumContent: 219 milligrams cholesterol