"Traditionally these beans are cooked overnight in a jar or terracotta pot in the embers of the hearth of a Tuscan kitchen. This is a cheats version, but I still like to present them in a jar at the table for guests to serve themselves." - Valli Little
The ingredient of Tuscan beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 140g pancetta, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 150ml white wine
- 300ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
The instruction how to make Tuscan beans
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly crisp. Add the celery, carrot, garlic and bay leaf, and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the cannellini beans and wine, and cook, for 3-4 minutes until reduced. Add the stock and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until thickened and reduced.
- Sprinkle with parsley and spoon into a large jar or bowl to serve.
Nutritions of Tuscan beansfatContent: 298.989 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23.3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 26 milligrams cholesterol